Muslim Women Connect are always looking for passionate volunteers to join our team and make a difference!
Please see current vacancies below:
Volunteer Mentoring Coordinator x 2
We are looking for two motivated coordinators to help lead on our six month mentoring programme. You’ll be responsible for helping to recruit mentees and mentors, matching them up and leading on trainings. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is interested in helping young women fulfil their potential through powerful mentoring relationships.
This is a shared role for two motivated individuals to collaborate in the delivery of the programme.
- Assist in delivering the current mentoring programme
- Actively recruit mentors and mentees through external networks for the next cohort
- Actively reach out to recruit mentors to meet future demand for program, from difficult to attain fields e.g. Fast Stream/Consulting/Law/Finance/Creative sectors
- Provide input into overall MWC mentoring programme strategy
- 3/4 hours at the beginning of the programme, during the application process and the mentee matching process
- 2/3 hours once the programme is up and running, post-programme and during the evaluation/check in process
- You are self-motivated and have a great work ethic, organised (Essential)
- You possess critical thinking skills and can interpret information
- You are a team player (Essential for this shared role)
- You are passionate about the work Muslim Women Connect does and want to make an impact (Essential)
- You are a doer! (Essential)
- You have previously been a mentor (Desirable)
- You have experience working for a charity or a start up (Desirable)
To apply for this voluntary position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover email, tell us why you are interested in applying for this and what skills you can bring to this role. Deadline for applications: 28 August 2020 2pm.