JOIN OUR COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
Muslim Women Connect is a volunteer-run organisation bringing together Muslim women to network, connect with and nurture the next generation of Muslim women.
We offer service users a rich and varied programme of events and mentoring sessions with the aim to bring women together, inspire confidence and guide career development.
We are looking for the following:
- Marketing and Communications Lead
- Communications and Social Media Coordinator
- Senior Communications and Community Engagement Officer
Please scroll below to see Job Descriptions for all three roles.
Please note that Muslim Women Connect is entirely volunteer-led and managed. We are a close-knit, hard working team who act as cheerleaders for each other and the women in our community. We are driven by the impact of our work and strive for excellence in everything we put out into the world.
Applications will close on Wednesday 22 September 2021, with interviews taking place week commencing 27 September 2021.
To apply, Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, including the name of the role you are applying for, followed by your full name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you, in sha Allah.
Marketing and Communications Lead:
Purpose of the role: To develop and implement communications and marketing strategies to raise the profile of Muslim Women Connect’s work and ensure our support reaches as many Muslim women as possible.
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours a week
- Marketing & Partnerships Team
- Wider MWC team, particularly Comms, Marketing and Events colleagues
- Designing strategic marketing and communication plans that cover the full mix of communications and marketing tools, including media and public relations, internal communications, digital and social media and production of materials
- Implementing a marketing and communications strategy to build brand awareness, market services, promote income generation, communicate programmes, activities, and impact
- Owning all of our marketing channels and measuring their success
- Building and managing our marketing calendar, ensuring all aspects speak to our brand purpose, deliver a positive brand experience, engage and grow our audience, encourage advocacy and support commercial objectives
- Overseeing the work of the marketing and communications team & conducting check-ins as needed
- Experience managing teams or willingness to develop this skill
- Highly creative
- Able to identify target audiences and an understanding of the target audience of Muslim women in the UK and a passion for our cause
- Experience or understanding of how to work within a strategic capacity
- A collaborative, team spirit (we all work very closely so this is super important!)
- A willingness and commitment to undertake the role in a professional manner and maintain high-quality work at all times
- Based in London is preferred but we are open to the role being completely remote
- Self-motivated, with experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Regular team meetings
- Recruiting for new hires within Marketing and Communications team as and when the situation arises
Communications and Social Media Coordinator
Purpose of the role: To create, manage and deliver digital content/assets using a range of techniques, across channels including website and social media in order to grow MWC’s brand awareness, engagement and following.
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours a week
- Marketing and Communications team
- Wider MWC team
- To create, manage and deliver digital content/assets using a range of techniques, across channels including website and social media
- Create and distribute marketing copy to promote the work of MWC, including a library of always on material to use when not campaigning
- Keep up to date with current affairs/policy that impacts Muslim Women and create timely website/social media content
- A track record of engaging with trending social media stories as they break and a good knowledge on digital trends
- Devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement/analytics
- Coordinate with MWC team leads to support the promotion of their campaigns/projects
- Remain data driven, measuring and optimising web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Update our websites as needed
- Strong Attention to detail
- Experience in writing social copy in adherence with MWC’s tone of voice
- Experience with either Adobe Illustrator or Canva
- Video editing skills desirable
- Collaboration and time management
- Input in team meetings
- Provide input into overall MWC strategy and aims
Regular check-ins with Marketing and Communications Lead
Senior Communications and Community Engagement Officer
Purpose of the role: To cultivate and nurture MWC’s growing community, both within and outside of the Muslim network.
3-4 hours a week
- MWC Marketing and Communications team
- Wider team
- External stakeholders both within and outside of the Muslim network: press, publications, counsel bodies etc.
- Communication, storytelling and persuasive engagement, both written and verbal
- To develop, edit and deliver monthly MWC newsletter via Mailchimp, using metrics and analytics to continuously improve engagement and reach
- Initiate, develop and maintain positive and strong relations with key stakeholders, partners and communities
- Able to think creatively and to proactively introduce new ideas for projects, campaigns and strategy
- Organised, forward planning and strong prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative working skills
- Grasp of MWC’s image/persona and how to convey this in public
- Strong communication skills
- Proven Public Relations (PR) experience
- Experience in the not for profit/non-government sector
- An excellent collaborator
- Knowledge of crisis/risk management
- Monthly wider team meetings plus occasional team workdays to work on strategy, organisational direction and team dynamics
- Provide input into overall MWC strategy and aims
- Representing MWC publicly
- Regular check-ins with Marketing and Communications Lead