Building our community through research, mentoring and events, Muslim Women Connect nurtures and inspires the development of Muslim women across the UK. Our vision is for a supportive network of Muslim women who, guided by the values of their faith, set high aspirations for themselves, strive for excellence in their personal and professional lives, seek to support the women around them and who value self-reflection, self-development and self-care.
Muslim Women Connect is a 100% voluntary and Muslim women-run initiative. We are a close-knit, hard working team who act as cheerleaders for each other and the women in our community. We are driven by the impact of our work and strive for excellence in everything we put out into the world.
We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
- Social Media Coordinator
Please scroll below to see Job Descriptions.
Please note that Muslim Women Connect is entirely volunteer-led and managed.
To apply: please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer in your chosen role to email@example.com. Please including the name of the role you are applying for, followed by your full name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you in sha Allah!
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Purpose of the role: To create, manage and deliver digital content/assets using a range of techniques, across channels including website and social media in order to grow MWC’s brand awareness, engagement and following
Time Commitment: 3 – 4 hours a week
- Marketing & Communications team
- Wider MWC team, particularly Mentoring, Partnerships and Events colleagues
- To create, manage and deliver digital content/assets using a range of techniques, across channels including website and social media
- Create and distribute marketing copy to promote the work of MWC, including a library of ad-hoc content to use when not campaigning
- Keep up to date with current affairs/policy that impacts Muslim Women and create timely website/social media content
- A track record of engaging with trending social media stories as they break and a good knowledge on digital trends
- Developing end to end digital campaigns and content that engage, inform and motivate the MWC community
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Managing all social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, and monitoring engagement by interacting with direct messages and forwarding to the correct team member
- Coordinate with MWC team leads to support the promotion of their campaigns/projects
- Remain data driven, measuring and optimising web traffic to content (e.g. engagement rates) and social media analytics
- Working in line with the wider marketing team to generate content and update our website as needed
- Self-motivated, with experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Reliability, motivation and time management
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in writing copy in adherence with MWC’s tone of voice
- Experience with either Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or Canva
- Collaborative skills
- Video editing skills desirable
- Input in team meetings
- Provide input into overall MWC strategy and aims
- Regular check-ins with Marketing and Communications Lead
- Probationary period of three months