Building our community through research, mentoring and events, Muslim Women Connect nurtures and inspires the development of Muslim women across the UK. Our vision is for a supportive network of Muslim women who, guided by the values of their faith, set high aspirations for themselves, strive for excellence in their personal and professional lives, seek to support the women around them and who value self-reflection, self-development and self-care.
Muslim Women Connect is a 100% voluntary and Muslim women-run initiative. We are a close-knit, hard working team who act as cheerleaders for each other and the women in our community. We are driven by the impact of our work and strive for excellence in everything we put out into the world.
We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
- Marketing and Communications Lead
Please scroll below to see Job Descriptions.
Please note that Muslim Women Connect is entirely volunteer-led and managed.
To apply: please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you would like to volunteer in your chosen role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please including the name of the role you are applying for, followed by your full name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you in sha Allah!
Marketing and Communications Lead
Purpose of the role: To develop and implement communications and marketing strategies to raise the profile of Muslim Women Connect’s work and ensure our support reaches as many Muslim women as possible.
Time Commitment: At least 3 hours a week
- Marketing & Partnerships Team
- Wider MWC team, particularly Comms, Marketing and Events colleagues
- Designing strategic marketing and communication plans that cover the full mix of communications and marketing tools, including media and public relations, internal communications, digital and social media and production of materials
- Implementing a marketing and communications strategy to build brand awareness, market services, promote income generation, communicate programmes, activities, and impact
- Owning all of our marketing channels and measuring their success
- Building and managing our marketing calendar, ensuring all aspects speak to our brand purpose, deliver a positive brand experience, engage and grow our audience, encourage advocacy and support commercial objectives
- Overseeing the work of the marketing and communications team & conducting check-ins as needed
- Experience managing teams or willingness to develop this skill
- Highly creative
- An understanding of the target audience of Muslim women in the UK and a passion for our cause
- Experience or understanding of how to work within a strategic capacity
- A collaborative, team spirit (we all work very closely so this is super important!)
- A willingness and commitment to undertake the role in a professional manner and maintain high-quality work at all times
- Self-motivated, with experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Regular team meetings
- Recruiting for new hires within Marketing and Communications team as and when the situation arises