Mentoring Coordinator (Job share)
Muslim Women Connect is a volunteer-run organisation bringing together Muslim women to network, connect with and nurture the next generation of Muslim women.
We offer service users a rich and varied programme of events and mentoring sessions with the aim to bring women together, inspire confidence and guide career development.
We are looking for a second Mentoring Coordinator, who will help deliver our mentoring programme. This role is a job share with an experienced Muslim Women Connect Mentoring Coordinator.
Please note that Muslim Women Connect is entirely volunteer-led and managed. We are a close-knit, hard working team who act as cheerleaders for each other and the women in our community. We are driven by the impact of our work and strive for excellence in everything we put out into the world.
Applications will close on 30 May 2021, with interviews taking place week commencing 31 May 2021.
To apply, Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, including ‘Mentoring coordinator application’ followed by your full name in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you, in sha Allah.
Essential skills include:
- Strong organisational skills including forward planning, administration and data management
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team working and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including good command of the English language
- Strong commitment to the success of the programme and clear passion for MWC’s wider aims
Both mentoring coordinators will be working together as a team to deliver successful mentoring programmes.
We ask for 3-4 hours a week to work on the programme (flexible working). The successful applicant will have regular check-ins with their line manager and their progress will be reviewed at 3 months.
- Work with digital team to actively recruit mentors and mentees through external networks for the upcoming cohort
- Evaluate applications to determine strong candidates for the programme and plan viable mentoring pairs
- Manage half of programme’s mentor and mentee relationships: check in via email/phone call if there are problems or inconsistent communication etc
- Manage the data on mentor/mentee relationships and keep database up to date and GDPR-compliant. Keep a record of mentoring pairs’ progress and any key conversations or interventions
- Further develop the monitoring and evaluation process for the MWC mentoring programme. Draw from this process to contribute to mentoring programme strategy
- Create additional resources to support the programme moving online
- Plan and deliver 3 masterclasses for each cohort, tailor masterclasses by taking into consideration the needs and interests of each cohort
- Reach out to new potential partners we can work with to run masterclasses and sustain these relationships
- Create written resources to support masterclass delivery as well as additional resources to help mentees with job applications, interviews, assessment centres and employability skills
- Monthly wider team meetings, plus occasional team workdays to work on strategy, organisational direction and team dynamics
- Weekly/fortnightly check-ins with your manager
- Provide input into overall MWC strategy and aims